Your eyebrows frame the most important feature on your face. After all, your eyes are the window to your soul, and people connect with you through them! All eyes are beautiful, but sagging skin or abnormalities can detract from their beauty.
A brow lift is a simple procedure that can make a dramatic difference in the entire look of your face. It can be one of the easiest ways to correct the facial problems that prevent you from putting your best face forward!
What Can a Brow Lift Do For Me?
* Do you have eyelid bags, excess or sagging tissue around the brow and upper eyelid that hangs down over the lower lid, making you look tired or sad? A brow lift can lift the sagging tissue, bring your eyes out of hiding, and make your eyes appear larger and more open.
* If you have frown wrinkles between your eyes, a brow lift can eliminate them.
* If you have an eyebrow deformity, a brow lift can correct it.
* Do you wish your brows had more of an arch or a different shape? This can usually be accomplished with a brow lift.
* If you wish your brows were better positioned on your face, a brow lift can create a more symmetrical and natural look. By lifting your brows upward, you will appear fresher and more energetic.
What Happens in a Brow Lift Operation?
You are given a general anesthetic so that you are asleep for the entire operation. Five incisions are required for a brow lift, but they are so tiny that your hair need not be trimmed. Three are placed on your scalp above your forehead hidden by your hair, and the other two are made within the hair next to your temples.
The surgeon then lifts the tissue upward and repositions it based on your desired results. This procedure lifts any sagging skin and reduces wrinkles.
Scars generally heal very well and are hidden by your hair. You may even shampoo the day after the operation.
This procedure is called an endoscopic brow lift. Sometimes an endoscopic brow lift is performed along with eyelid correction surgery, which actually removes excess skin and fatty folds in the upper eyelid, creating a tiny scar in the upper eyelid that is hidden within the crease.
What Can I Expect After the Operation?
A brow lift is an outpatient procedure, so you can go home the same day. You will need someone to drive you home, however, as you might be sleepy from the anesthetic.
For two to three days following the operation, you will have some swelling, and your forehead will feel tight. Your eyelids may be bruised for about two weeks, but this can usually be covered by makeup after five to seven days. Patients generally experience less bruising with an endoscopic brow lift than with eyelid correction surgery.
You may experience a mild headache for the first couple of days after the surgery, for which you will receive a prescription.
Within two weeks of the procedure, your stitches will be removed, and you can return to work.
Your brows will probably be lifted slightly higher than you wish them to be in their final position. This is because they will drop somewhat as the tissues relax during the first few weeks after surgery. If your brows appear too high at first, you may compensate with makeup until they settle into their correct position.
Your eyebrows may not be perfectly matched even after surgery, but this is actually more natural. No one has eyebrows that are exactly alike, and the differences will be too slight to be noticeable.
A brow lift will not hinder your natural facial expressions at all. You will retain all of your normal eyebrow and facial movement abilities.
What Are the Risks of a Brow Lift?
While there is risk with any surgery, the risks of brow lift surgery are extremely small. You will be given written material to read, and all potential risks will be discussed with you prior to your decision to have a brow lift.
You and the doctor will evaluate and discuss the best brow position for you in order to achieve your desired results.
What is the Recovery Schedule?
* Headache and forehead tightening is usually gone within 2-3 days.
* Bruising and swelling is usually gone within 5-10 days.
* Stitches are removed, and you may return to work or other social activities within 7-14 days.
* Brows will relax into their final position, and you may resume exercise or athletic activities within 14-21 days.
Schedule a Consultation
Athré Facial Aesthetics offers a wide range of facial plastic surgery options and non-surgical cosmetic and skincare treatments. Find the right one for you by contacting our office at (281) 557-3223 or click the button below to request a consultation.
Request a Consultation