Please remember that each surgeon has a different postoperative regimen. Please do not copy and paste this regimen to another surgeon. This regimen is specific to Dr. Athre and for primary rhinoplasty patients. If Dr. Athre makes modifications from his original gameplan in the operating room, he will give you exact postoperative instructions based on your individual case! Always listen to your surgeon.
Aftercare for your nose and what you will feel is a function of your surgeon’s skill, maneuvers used in the operating room, care and precision while dissecting your nose, and a million other details.
Here’s what 99% of primary rhinoplasty feel and experience.
- 30 minutes after surgery – wake up in the recovery room. Patients have NO SPLINT, NO PACKING, NO INTRANASAL SPLINTS, NO EXTERNAL NASAL SPLINTS. Patients wake up with steri-strips on their nose to minimize swelling, and that’s it.
- Most patients are discharged from the hospital within 1 hour of finishing surgery.
- Some patients go out to dinner the same night of surgery.
- Patients feel a little stuffy the first night of surgery and this lasts for days 1-3.
- Return to Dr. Athre’s office day 5 after surgery to get tape removed.
- Wear makeup and get back to normal.
Why does Dr. Athre continually evolve, change techniques, develop new techniques, learn new techniques…..
To achieve the above postop time frame and still achieve the best results. To make the patient journey easy and still awesome. Simple!
“Dr Athre did an amazing job on my nose. His staff treated me like family and I felt very comfortable getting the work done. He was very intuitive on what I was trying to accomplish and knowledgable enough to work through the issues involved to get the result I wanted, especially considering it was a revision surgery. The whole experience was great and helped me so much!”